April 28, 2011 Leave a comment
Boston Bill Sunglasses
When my $24 sunglasses from Target broke the other day, I began keeping my eye open for a new pair of sunglasses. Maybe this time I will bite the bullet and invest a little into a pair and get the expensive “running” sunglasses. I looked around on the internet, glanced at some in the cases of Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sports Authority, and still couldn’t part with a $1oo bill for something that I seem to go through fairly quickly and don’t last all that long.
So, about a month ago I went into The Sporty Runner, a local running store and saw the display of Boston Bill sunglasses. They were light, fit snug (but not too tight) and seemed to disappear when I put them on. But will they stay on when I run? For $30, I gave them a try.
My first outing was a sweaty one and a bright one, a perfect day to try my new purchase. I was well down the trail and running into the mid-afternoon sun when I remembered I was wearing my new shades… and I was sold on them.
What I like about them:
1) they are light weight, no headaches back behind the ears
2) stylish (at least I think so)
3) amber lens: this is the first time I have tried them and they worked very well, including making the colors of nature REALLY stand out
4) full protection for your eyes – 100% UVA and UVB
5) even though they are light, they are tough and shatterproof – polycarbonate lenses and frame
So far, I am very pleased with these sunglasses, especially for the price. I highly recommend them and will soon be getting another pair (fromThe Sporty Runner of course).